We’ve designed our "Best Bikini Body" starter kit as a straightforward, yet comprehensive program that will help you achieve your best "Bikini Body." This is not an end all and be all, but it is the best first (or next) step you can take to achieve your goal.
Use this time–tested program to noticeably improve your appearance over the next 30 days. But, don’t stop there; you’ll get even more noticeable results during the next 30 days. Like all of Beverly’s educational information, nutrition programs, and supplements your Starter Kit is No Nonsense – no gimmicks or quick fixes, just a sound tried and true formula for success.
Our Bikini Body Starter Kit is built upon four keystones that will help you reshape your body, lose fat and improve muscle tone. Each is essential to your achieving the highest rate of fat loss and muscle toning.
Keystone #1 Nutrition
- Meal #1:
- Choose one (A, B, or C) from the choices below:
- A: Three egg whites, one whole egg scrambled with 3 oz. lean protein, ½ cup oatmeal
- B: Protein pancake or waffle – mix (together) ½ cup egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 scoop vanilla UMP, and just enough water to make pancake batter consistency. Optional: add vanilla and/or cinnamon to taste. Cook over low to medium heat with non–stick spray. Top with sugar-free syrup or fresh strawberries.
- C: 6 egg white veggie omelet (use any of the following: salsa, onion, spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, tomato), plus 1 slice Ezekiel bread w/ sugar-free jelly, or ½ grapefruit
- Meal 2:
- 1 or 2–scoop Beverly International UMP shake; or make a smoothie with 1 scoop UMP, 1 cup strawberries or ½ cup blueberries, and 1 cup Carb Control yogurt.
- Meal 3:
- 6 oz. lean protein (chicken breast, fish, or lean beef), large green salad with two tablespoons low-calorie dressing.
- Meal 4:
- 1–2 scoops of UMP (sometimes with ¼ cup almonds for healthy fats)
- Meal 5:
- 6 oz. broiled or grilled fish or chicken, or 4 oz. lean red meat; 1 ½ cups vegetables (broccoli, spinach, green beans, etc.)
- Meal 6: Optional
- a. UMP Pudding (made with UMP and sugar-free pudding mix or sugar free cool whip and berries) [or]
- b. UMP Brownie – 2 scoops UMP chocolate, ¼ – ½ cup egg substitute (optional), about ¼ – ½ cup water (just enough to make a thick batter), a dash of salt. Mix all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Put in microwave for 1 to 1½ minutes. Then, put in freezer or fridge for about 3 minutes to cool and set up. Take out, top with Cool Whip (like icing – optional) and enjoy.
Note: It’s okay to adjust portions or add or decrease a meal as needed to maintain progress. Do not worry about the particular order of your meals, if you want to eat Meal #1 as your last meal of the day, go ahead, it’s OK. Every 3rd day have two tablespoons almonds or add one teaspoon peanut butter to your protein shakes.
Beverages: Make sure that you drink at least six to eight 8 oz. glasses of water each day (that’s four 16 oz. bottles). Watch out for calories in the liquids you drink, juices and regular soft drinks will sabotage your progress. Limit your beverages to water, coffee, unsweetened tea, diet sodas, and Crystal Light.
Free Foods: You can eat any of the following at any time, without jeopardizing your results: Sugar-free gum, sugar–free Jell–O, Splenda, Equal, seasonings, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
Bikini Starter Kit Beginners Course #1
Here is your routine for weeks 1–6. You’ll be using a total body workout 3 days a week. Although individual body part training is now vogue, total body training at this stage of your training has definite advantages. By including leg and back movements in each workout, you will be burning many more calories during and after training, than on an exclusive arm or shoulder day. You can do all these exercises at home with a barbell or dumbbells and a bench. You’ll also be learning to work hard and use your body as a unit.
|Shoulder Press ||3||8-10|
If you work hard on these exercises, you will experience noticeable results by week 4. You should try to complete this course of exercises in 45 minutes each workout. Add weight whenever you reach 10 reps in perfect form on all 3 sets. On abs, add another set or continue to add reps up to 25 per set.
Bikini Starter Kit Course #2
Course #2 is a split routine that allows you to incorporate more exercises into your program while staying within your ‘45 minute’ per workout window.
In course #2 you’ll be working out with weights 3 or preferably 4 days per week. You’ll be using a split routine and using the pyramid system of increasing weight while lowering the reps on each set. Use As much weight as you can with perfect form for the target amount of reps. If you can do more reps than the target, add weight. If you can't get at least the lower recommended amount of reps, then lighten the weight slightly.
Finish all your sets for a particular exercise before going to the next exercise. Keep up a good pace during your workout. Perform a set, stretch the target muscle group, and then go right to your next set: lift – stretch – lift – stretch.
In order to become your best "you", you’ll have to train beyond your comfort zone. Once you become accustomed to the prescribed exercises, you’ll pick a weight that is heavy enough so that the last few repetitions are very difficult (nearly impossible) to finish. This is how you will get the fullest benefit in both tone and fat loss from your training. With a little experimentation, you’ll soon have a good idea of exactly how much weight you need to use for each exercise.
Resistance Amount Rep Number
Once you achieve "baseline" weights for your workouts keep progressing in one or more of the following areas each time you work out:
- Amount of resistance or weight used for a particular set
- Number of reps performed with a particular weight
- Reduce the amount of rest time between sets
- Train harder – go for the burn
- On each exercise (except abs) you’ll be using the pyramid system of training. On set 1 you’ll do 12-15 reps; add a little weight and do 8-12 reps for set 2; for set 3 add still more weight and perform 6-8 reps
|Set 1||25 pounds||12-15 repetitions|
|Set 2||35 pounds||8-12 repetitions|
|Set 3 ||45 pounds ||6-8 repetitions|
Here’s a rule of thumb: If you can’t get at least 12 reps on your 1st set, simply remain at the weight for all 3 sets.
- Increasing the weights. In the example above, let’s say that after working out steadily for a couple of weeks you can easily perform 15 reps on your first set. You can also do more than 12 on your second set if you tried, and 8 on your third set. Now, it’s time to raise the weight for each set and start at the lower end of the recommended rep range
- Split Routine. You’ll be working out 4 days per week, splitting your body so that you work one-half of your body on one day and the other half on the next workout day. You’ll be working abs all 4 days. The most convenient way is usually to work out 2 days, take 1 day off, then work out another 2 days and take 2 days off
Workout 1 and 3: Chest, back, shoulders, and abs
Perform 3 sets for each exercise (except abs and glutes). On set 1 you’ll do 12-15 reps; add a little weight and do 8-12 reps for set 2; for set 3 add still more weight and perform 6-8 reps.
|Bench Press or||Deadlift|
|Incline Press||1 Arm Row or|
|Incline Press||Seated Pulley Row|
|Cross Bench Pullover||Lat Pulldown|
- Military Press
- Side Lateral Raise
- Upright Row
- 2 exercises of your choice (Sit Up, Crunch, Leg Raise,
- Knee Pull-Ins, etc.)
- Start with 3 sets of 15 reps and gradually work up to 25
- or more reps per set.
- 2 exercises of your choice (Step Ups, Reverse Lunge, various Hip Raises, Back and Side Kicks, etc.
- Note you can also find a number of glute exercises at julielohre.com). Same sets and reps as abs.
Workout 2 and 4: Same as Workout One, 3 sets per exercise, 12-15 reps for set one, add weight, then 8-12 reps for set two, add a little more weight and perform 6-8 reps for set three.
|Leg Curl||Incline DB Curl|
|Calf Raise || |
- 1-Arm DB Extension
- Pulley Pushdown
- Abs and Glutes
- Same as Workout One, but use 2 different exercises for each part.
Keystone #4 Cardio
You’ll be starting with 3 HIIT cardio days per week as the linchpin to your cardio system. It is important to avoid “mindless or endless amounts” of cardio. To keep you focused, you’ll be adding a progressive element to your cardio, just as you have done with your weight workout. Here’s how to do it:
Duration and Intensity
Record each cardio workout in your training journal or a separate notebook. Don’t just get on a treadmill and walk. Quantify your cardio program. Set a GOAL! It can be DURATION, INTENSITY (mph, percent incline, or level), or one that combines all of the above, CALORIES expended. A sample cardio journal entry might look like this:
- Type: Treadmill
- Duration: 20 Minutes
- Peak Intensity: 6.2 mph; 4% incline
- Rest Intervals: 3.5 mph; 0% incline
- Calories Expended: 300
- Total Calories for week to date: 1000
The best times to do your HIIT cardio are first thing in the morning, before Meal #1, or if you must do your weight workout and cardio in the same session, always complete your weight workout before cardio. High-intensity interval training is an effective way of burning maximum calories while preserving lean mass and shedding fat.
HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) is a type of cardio training in which you alternate short, high-intensity intervals with slower intervals to recover. For example, run for 60 seconds, and then walk for 60 seconds. Or, walk fast on an incline for 60 seconds, then normally on a flat surface for 60 seconds. The benefits of doing HIIT will be maximal fat loss because you increase your resting metabolism and fat burning enzymes, while maintaining and even building muscle, all in a minimal amount of time.
Perhaps the easiest way to do your cardio workout is simply choose one of the HIIT programs built into your cardio machine and increase a level every 4th workout on that machine. The main emphasis of doing this is to always advance and to never stay at an equilibrium state.
You can choose to perform each cardio session on the same machine, or use a different machine each day. Another great benefit of HIIT is that you can do it almost anywhere without any equipment at all. You can alternate fast walking or running intervals with your regular walking pace. You can even use a jump rope.
The important thing is that you record each cardio workout and gradually increase the intensity level every week or two.
Your HIIT workout will go like this. Let’s use a stationary bike as an example:
- Warm-up for 3 to 5 minutes by pedaling at a comfortable speed and low resistance; then start your interval work
- 30-60 seconds: High-Intensity interval (pedal hard and/or increase the resistance)
- 60 seconds: Rest interval (pedal at a comfortable speed with low resistance)
- Repeat for 10-20 minutes interval training
- Conclude with a 3-5 minute cool down
Now that you are set with three days per week with HIIT, you are probably thinking what do I do the rest of the week? Easy! We recommend simply walking or doing something active 2 additional days per week. Whether it is pushing a stroller at the park or roller-blading with your friends, staying active throughout the week will keep your energy levels high and overall attitude positive.
The best way to make this your new lifestyle is t o find something you love to do and stay consistent with it. Finding a workout partner is a great way to stick with a fitness lifestyle and will also help with making your cardio training go a lot faster. Also, remember to keep a journal with you to keep track of all your progress and results. This is a great tool for motivation to look back on to see where you started and how far you have come.
By incorporating all four keystones, you are sure to achieve your best "Bikini Body" with consistent effort and discipline. This is a great starter kit to get you back in the game and feeling great. Let us reiterate that Beverly’s educational information, nutrition programs, and supplements – your Bikini Starter Kit – is No Nonsense – no gimmicks or quick fixes, just a sound tried and true formula for success. Best of luck to you and enjoy your transformation!
Trim and Tone Figure Plan
Lose fat, tone up, while you add lean, shapely muscle & strength